IT/Devops Engineer Position - Job Description
- Ongage helps marketers create a consolidated and effective email marketing operation that is best suited to their needs.
- Our goal is a constant one: to make it simpler, quicker and cheaper for marketers to inbox great emails.
- Ongage was founded in 2011 by a team of entrepreneurial professionals with a passion for email marketing in particular, and digital marketing in general. Their mission was to better email marketing. A component-based platform was born, powered by a feature-rich dashboard that hosts advanced segmentation tools and a full suite of analytics, ultimately helping marketers drive measurable growth and increase deliverability.
- We are looking for an enthusiastic IT/Devops Engineer that loves technology whether it is virtualization technologies, building cloud infrastructure architecture, automation or data center operational excellence.
As our new IT/Devops Engineer, you will:
- Manage company’s IT resources and SaaS services.
- Provide hands-on local & remote support and troubleshooting.
- Procurement of hardware and software, management of licensing and purchases.
- Manage servers, workstations and network equipment locally and remotely.
- Run maintenance and procedures on various environments.
- Provision resources using various cloud platforms and datacentres.
- Plan and run data center and server installations, maintenance and monitoring in cloud/IaaS.
- Develop new features and write scripts for monitoring& automation purposes.
- Manage data backup and recovery, security and administration of cloud-based workloads.
- Manage storage and other cloud resources.
- Disaster Recovery and Incident Response Planning.
- Documentation of various procedures.
- Execute infrastructure-related ongoing tasks.
- Troubleshoot system and application problems and errors.
- Proactively monitor and search for monitoring metric anomalies.
- Proactively search & provide recommendations for both security related vulnerabilities and performance improvements.
- Launch & document POCs of various technologies.
Job requirements (at least 3 years experience):
- Experience with Windows domain servers / Active Directory / Azure Cloud, Exchange / Office365
- Good knowledge in networking concepts (DNS, routing, firewall, NAT) including troubleshooting and benchmarks.
- Scripting knowledge (python/bash/php/go).
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to be able to interact with technical and business counterparts in English.
- Being available for working outside of normal business hours, holidays, weekends for acting on alerts and various customer and employee issues 24/7.
- Strong team, interpersonal, analytical, problem identification and resolution skills.
- Advantage – Experience in:
- Installing, configuring and supporting Linux servers in large-scale production systems.
- Implementing, troubleshooting, and supporting the Linux operating system, Internet-based applications, and web servers.
- Administrating various services in AWS and other cloud platforms like Azure or Google Cloud and dedicated servers.
- Database engines for administration and troubleshooting – Mysql, Mongo, Redshift, Elasticsearch, DynamoDB.
- Disaster Recovery, business Continuity for Cloud-based workloads and self-discipline for best practices for working in production.
- DevOps release and build management, automation scripts, Git, python & bash scripting, PowerShell, AWS Cloud Formation, Ansible, Jenkins, Chef or Puppet.
- Container platform tools like OpenShift, Docker, Kubernetes.
Stay in touch