Senior Team Leader (PHP Hands-on)
The CompanyOngage, established 8 years ago, is a leading SaaS company for Email Marketing. Ongage serves hundreds of worldwide customers and delivers 9 billion emails per month. Ongage technology is high in scale, enables delivery and analytics for 9 billion emails per month. For that we utilize APIs to dozen of partners, which are the biggest ESPs in the world. We enable real time analytics over tens of TB of Big Data, tens of clusters of Redshift and MongoDB. Our stack includes PHP/node.js/ bash, MongoDB, AWS Redshift, MySql, Redis, Memcached. AWS: RDS, Elasticache, DynamoDB, SQS, S3, ec2.
Reports to VP R&D
R&D StackThe core product was developed in PHP, new things are developed in node.js. Our stack includes: PHP, Node.js, MySql, MongoDB (Big data of 13 shards), Redshift (Big data of 14 clusters), 50 ec2 auto scaled servers, RabbitMQ, SQS, S3, Redis.
- Join and lead our backend team.
- Be a major leader of B2B SaaS products, that serves hundreds of customers worldwide.
- Manage 4-6 skilled developers.
- Interact with multiple teams in the company/R&D: Dev, DevOPs, QA, Product, Support, local and offshore.
- Define and manage the development processes like Jira, Kanban management, code reviews, coding standards, priority, deployments, QA, git workflows, technology improvements.
- Handle managerial challenges of priority and task assignment of urgent unplanned customer requests vs planned backlog tasks.
- Be 30-50% hands on.
- 8+ years of experience in the software engineering industry, focus on web development.
- 5+ years of experience in management positions.
- Motivated towards company goals, product and customer service.
- Leader and a great person with high interpersonal skills.
- Can do attitude with great ownership.
- Strong skills in code quality, OOP, and design patterns.
- Advantage –
- Strong experience in PHP
- Experience in node.js
- Experience in Linux/bash, MySql, MongoDB, RabbitMQ, Redshift, S3, SQS, Redis