Senior Backend PHP Developer
Ongage, established 9 years ago, is a leading SaaS company for Email Marketing. Ongage serves hundreds of worldwide customers and delivers tens of billions of emails per month.
Ongage’s technology is high in scale, enables delivery and analytics for tens of billions of emails per month. For that we utilize APIs to tens of partners, which are the biggest ESPs in the world. We enable real time analytics over tens of TBs of Big Data, tens of clusters of Redshift and MongoDB.
The position is a full-stack developer, but it’s more backend-oriented.
Reports to R&D Team Leader.
Job descriptionThe core product was developed with PHP. New services are developed also with Node.js. New frontend components are developed with VueJS.
Our stack includes PHP, Node.js, MySQL, VueJS, MongoDB, PostgreSQL, Redis, Memcached, and other AWS services (RDS, Elasticache, SQS, S3, EC2).
- Have a major influence on our B2B SaaS product that serves hundreds of customers worldwide.
- Learn and implement advanced technical architecture.
- Take full ownership on tasks, effort estimation and planning.
- Collaborate with other team members to deliver quality code and conduct code review for team members.
- Work with product managers to deliver new features.
- Work with our support team to provide solutions for our customers issues.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Strong communication skills.
- Proactiveness and a can-do attitude.
- Minimum 4 years of experience in backend systems and API development.
- Advanced knowledge in PHP (minimum of 4 years).
- Advanced knowledge in MySQL or similar relational database systems.
- Experience working with frontend frameworks such as VueJS/ReactJS/Angular – strong advantage.
- Experience with system architecture in large scale – caching, queues, etc…
- Experience working with Laravel – advantage.
- Nice to have
⦁ Monitoring tools like Sentry and ELK.
⦁ Linux and CLI.