Junior Backend Developer (PHP, SQL, Redshift)
The CompanyOngage, established 8 years ago, is a leading SaaS company for Email Marketing. Ongage serves hundreds of worldwide customers and delivers 9 billion emails per month. Ongage technology is high in scale, enables delivery and analytics for 9 billions emails per month. For that we utilize APIs to tenth of partners, which are the biggest ESPs in the world. We enable real time analytics over tens of TB of Big Data, tens of clusters of Redshift and MongoDB. Our stack includes PHP/node.js/ bash, MongoDB, AWS Redshift, MySql, Redis, Memcached. AWS: RDS, Elasticahe, DynamoDB, SQS, S3, ec2. Reports to VP R&D
R&D StackThe core product was developed in PHP, new things are developed in node.js. Our stack includes: PHP, Node.js, MySql, MongoDB (Big data of 13 shards), Redshift (Big data of 14 clusters), 50 ec2 auto scaled servers, RabbitMQ, SQS, S3, Redis
- Have a major influence on our B2B SaaS product that serves hundreds of customers worldwide.
- Fastly learn advanced technical architecture from senior team members.
- Take full ownership of tasks, effort estimation, planning.
- Deep understanding of concepts of software engeenering
- Strong skills and understanding of SQL databases
- Strong data analytical skills
- Proactive with a can do attitude
- Ability to take product decisions while working given
- Ability to fastly understand product requirements, and promptly offer changes to product definition.
- Motivated towards company goals, product and customer service.
- Advantage –
- Experience as data scientist
- Experience in PHP / node.js, Linux/bash
- Experience in MySql, Redshift, Postgres, MongoDB